What you’ll learn
Create your own database or interact with existing databases
Write complex SQL queries across multiple tables
Build a web app using NodeJS and MySQL
Model real-world data and generate reports using SQL
Answer company performance or sales questions using data
In this course, you will:
- Learn the ins and outs of SQL syntax
- Generate reports using sales and user data
- Analyze data using Aggregate Functions
- Run complex queries using MySQL logical operators and string functions
- Write all the common SQL joins
- Work with large datasets containing thousands of entries
- Build a web app using MySQL and NodeJS
- Design and implement complex database schemas
- Learn to navigate the treacherous world of storing dates and times
- Clone the database structure of a photo sharing social network
- And more!
This course is also chock full of exercises, challenges, projects, and opportunities for you to practice what you’re learning. Apply what you’re learning to real-world challenges such as finding a website’s power users, calculating your top students, identifying bots on a site, or determining which hashtags generate the most traction on a site. Along the way, you’ll also get to meet my pet cat, Blue! (She’s really cute.)
Why Learn MySQL
Consistently ranked the most in-demand skill in recent employer surveys, SQL is a fantastic way to increase your income and boost your professional development. So many companies today use MySQL, including Twitter, Uber, Airbnb, Dropbox, Github, Kickstarter, Udemy, Slack, and many others. Unsure about the difference between SQL and MySQL? MySQL is the most popular open source SQL database out there, so it’s a great choice to begin your learning journey. We’ll talk a lot more about the difference between SQL and MySQL in the course, but 95% of what you learn about MySQL in this course will apply to other databases such as Postgres, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Why This Course Is Different
This isn’t going to be a course where you watch me code for 20 hours; it’s a course with ample opportunity for you to get your hands dirty writing code (even within the first 7 minutes of the course).
My teaching experience is rooted in the classroom. I’ve spent years teaching programming, web development, and databases to my in-person bootcamp students. This course combines the best of my offline courses with the convenience of learning online, in a setting that’s best for you.
Upon completing this course, you’ll be able to interact with and query any SQL database out there. You’ll also be able to generate reports with ease, answer company performance questions using data, and integrate MySQL into complete applications.
So let’s do this! Enroll today and start learning SQL!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning SQL to help with their current job or to find a new role. SQL is one of today’s most in-demand skills
- Anyone looking to answer complex business problems and generate reports using data
- Business owners, people in sales, or people in marketing roles who are interested in understanding company data better.
- Developers who are looking to build applications (e.g. social network, ecommerce site) using MySQL