What you will learn from the Data Mining Specialization Course
- Learn the general concepts of data mining along with basic methodologies and applications
- Learn in-depth concepts, methods, and applications of pattern discovery in data mining
- What is data visualization and how it’s used
- Different types of visualization and how humans perceive information
- Visualization of Numerical Data
- Visualization of Non-Numerical Data
- Learn the basic concepts, principles, and the major techniques in text retrieval
- Natural language processing techniques and text representation
- How vector space model works in detail
- How to implement an information retrieval system (i.e., a search engine)
- How to build an inverted index and how to score documents quickly for a query
- Probabilistic retrieval models and statistical language models
- How web search engines work, including web crawling, web indexing
- How links between web pages can be leveraged to score web pages
- How machine learning can be used to combine multiple scoring factors to optimize ranking of documents in web search
- Word association mining
- Learn topic analysis in-depth, including mixture models
- Probabilistic Latent Semantic Analysis (PLSA), and Latent Dirichlet Allocation (LDA), Latent Aspect Rating Analysis (LARA)
- Text clustering, including the basic concepts and main clustering techniques
- Sentiment analysis and opinion mining
- General concepts of pattern discovery
- Several advanced topics on pattern discovery
- Basic concepts of cluster analysis
- Typical clustering methodologies, algorithms, and applications
The Data Mining Specialization teaches data mining techniques for both structured data which conform to a clearly defined schema, and unstructured data which exist in the form of natural language text.
Course Instructors: John C. Hart, ChengXiang Zhai, Jiawei Han
Course Offered by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Can I download Data Mining Specialization course?You can download videos for offline viewing in the Android/iOS app. When course instructors enable the downloading feature for lectures of the course, then it can be downloaded for offline viewing on a desktop.
Can I get a certificate after completing the course?Yes, upon successful completion of the course, learners will get the course e-Certification from the course provider. The Data Mining Specialization course certification is a proof that you completed and passed the course. You can download it, attach it to your resume, share it through social media.
Are there any other coupons available for this course?You can check out for more Udemy coupons @ www.coursecouponclub.com
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and we may get small commission if you make a purchase. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.