WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Create and communicate your vision as a leader
Manage talent to improve employee performance, development and retention
Use the Michigan Model of Leadership to define organizational goals
Create a high-quality team charter that enhances team performance
In this specialization, you will learn essential leadership skills, including how to inspire and motivate individuals, manage talent, influence without authority, and lead teams. In this specialization, you will not only learn from Michigan faculty. You will also learn directly from exceptional leaders including Jeff Brodsky, Global Head of HR for Morgan Stanley, and John Beilein, Head Coach of the University of Michigan Men’s Basketball Team. We will share with you our research on how to lead people and teams effectively, and work with you to apply these insights to your own teams and leadership. In every course, you will have an opportunity to apply new leadership skills by working through a series of practical leadership assignments. In addition, the capstone will enable you to work on live leadership challenges faced by senior leaders from premier Fortune 500 firms and receive their feedback on your ideas and solutions.
What you will learn in this specialization course
- Inspiring and Motivating Individuals: In this course, you will learn how to create a shared vision for your team and effectively communicate it to your teammates.
- Managing Talent :In this course, you will learn best practices for selecting, recruiting, and onboarding talent.
- Influencing People :This course will improve your ability to influence people in situations where you cannot use formal authority.
- Leading Teams :In this course, you will learn how to build your team, improve teamwork and collaboration, and sustain team performance through continuous learning and improvement
- Leading People and Teams Capstone : Interviews in organizations constitute a cornerstone of talent selection and promotion practices. One of the key goals of the interview process is to understand how you would approach a variety of leadership challenges at work, given your knowledge, expertise, and prior work experience. Within the context of this interview, your primary objective for the capstone assignment is to use content from the specialization to demonstrate your knowledge of key leadership skills.
After completing each course in specialization and complete the hands-on project, you’ll earn a Certificate.
Course Rating : 4.8
Instructors : Scott DeRue, Ph.D, Maxim Sytch, Ph.D, Cheri Alexander.
Offered By : University of Michigan.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and we may get small commission if you make a purchase. Read more about Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.