In this third case study, finding similar documents, you will examine similarity-based algorithms for retrieval. In this course, you will also examine structured representations for describing the documents in the corpus, including clustering and mixed membership models, such as latent Dirichlet allocation (LDA). You will implement expectation maximization (EM) to learn the document clusterings, and see how to scale the methods using MapReduce.
- By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- -Create a document retrieval system using k-nearest neighbors.
- -Identify various similarity metrics for text data.
- -Reduce computations in k-nearest neighbor search by using KD-trees.
- -Produce approximate nearest neighbors using locality sensitive hashing.
- -Compare and contrast supervised and unsupervised learning tasks.
- -Cluster documents by topic using k-means.
- -Describe how to parallelize k-means using MapReduce.
- -Examine probabilistic clustering approaches using mixtures models.
- -Fit a mixture of Gaussian model using expectation maximization (EM).
- -Perform mixed membership modeling using latent Dirichlet allocation (LDA).
- -Describe the steps of a Gibbs sampler and how to use its output to draw inferences.
- -Compare and contrast initialization techniques for non-convex optimization objectives.
- -Implement these techniques in Python.
Course Duration: 17 hours
Course Rating : 4.6
Corse Instructors : Emily Fox and Carlos Guestrin
Offered By: University of Washington
Can I download Machine Learning: Clustering & Retrieval course?You can download videos for offline viewing in the Android/iOS app. When course instructors enable the downloading feature for lectures of the course, then it can be downloaded for offline viewing on a desktop.
Can I get a certificate after completing the course?Yes, upon successful completion of the course, learners will get the course e-Certification from the course provider. The Machine Learning: Clustering & Retrieval course certification is a proof that you completed and passed the course. You can download it, attach it to your resume, share it through social media.
Are there any other coupons available for this course?You can check out for more Udemy coupons @ www.coursecouponclub.com
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links and we may get small commission if you make a purchase. Read more about Affiliate disclosure here.