Instructed by Stephen Ulibarri 34.5 hours on-demand video
Learn Unreal Engine C++ programming from the basics all the way up to packaging a complete video game. You will learn all of the following and more:
- Object, Actor, Pawn and Character creation, and the differences between these classes
- Coding a complete character class, complete with animations and user input
- Finding a nearly endless selection of free assets and how to download and use them for your game
- Enemy movement and behavior
- Combat with melee weapons
- Picking up and equipping items
- Damage, Hit Points and Death
- HUD elements including Health and Stamina Bars as well as Icons
- How to create menus, including a Pause menu
- Saving and Loading game data even after turning off the computer or exiting the game
- Switching levels in game
- Floating platforms using interpolation
- Timers for delays in game logic
- Trigger volumes, pressure switches, and doors
- Bombs, explosives and hazards
- Logging and drawing spheres for debug purposes
- Using C++ concepts applied to game development
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring game developers.
- Those wanting to enter the games industry as a game programmer.
- Indie game developers who want to create their own games.
- Anyone who wants a COMPLETE game in their portfolio!