Instructed by Colt Steele 73.5 hours on-demand video, 62 coding exercises & 133 downloadable resources
What you’ll learn
Make REAL web applications using cutting-edge technologies
Create responsive, accessible, and beautiful layouts
Recognize and prevent common security exploits like SQL-Injection & XSS
Continue to learn and grow as a developer, long after the course ends
Create a blog application from scratch using Node, Express, and MongoDB.
Create a complicated yelp-like application from scratch
Deploy your applications and work with cloud databases
Create static HTML and CSS portfolio sites and landing pages
Think like a developer. Become an expert at Googling code questions!
Create complex HTML forms with validations
Implement full authentication from scratch!
Use CSS Frameworks including Bootstrap 5, Semantic UI, and Bulma
Implement responsive navbars on websites
Create full-stack web applications from scratch
Manipulate the DOM with vanilla JS
Use Postman to monitor and test APIs
Write complex web apps with multiple models and data associations
Write a REAL application using everything in the course
Use Express and MongoDB to create full-stack JS applications
Use common JS data structures like Arrays and Objects
Master the command line interface
Use NPM to install all sorts of useful packages
Understand the ins and outs of HTTP requests
Create your own Node modules
Make a beautiful, responsive photographer’s portfolio page
Create a beautiful, responsive landing page for a startup
Implement user authentication
Create a beautiful animated todo list application
Create single page applications with AJAX
Throughout the brand new version of the course we cover tons of tools and technologies including:
- Responsive Design
- AJAX and single page apps
- Bootstrap 4 and 5 (alpha)
- Bulma CSS Framework
- DOM Manipulation
- Unix(Command Line) Commands
- SQL vs. NoSQL databases
- Database Associations
- Schema Design
- Authentication From Scratch
- Cookies & Sessions
- Common Security Issues – SQL Injection, XSS, etc.
- Developer Best Practices
- Deploying Apps
- Cloud Databases
- Image Upload and Storage
- Maps and Geocoding
This course is also unique in the way that it is structured and presented. Many online courses are just a long series of “watch as I code” videos. This course is different. I’ve incorporated everything I learned in my years of teaching to make this course not only more effective but more engaging. The course includes:
- Research Assignments
- Too many pictures of my dog Rusty
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I got into this industry because I love working with people and helping students learn. Sign up today and see how fun, exciting, and rewarding web development can be!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn about web development, regardless of previous experience
- It’s perfect for complete beginners with zero experience
- It’s also great for anyone who does have some experience in a few of the technologies(like HTML and CSS) but not all
- If you want to take ONE COURSE to learn everything you need to know about web development, take this course
What will I learn in the course?
The course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- HTML and CSS: You’ll learn how to create and style web pages using HTML and CSS.
- Node.js: You’ll learn how to build server-side applications using Node.js.
- Express.js: You’ll learn how to build web applications using Express.js, a popular Node.js framework.
- MongoDB: You’ll learn how to work with MongoDB, a popular NoSQL database.